Terms of Service
Please read the following terms carefully because Times/Review Newspapers Corp. makes its websites available to you solely in accordance with the terms listed below. By accessing and using any of these websites - riverheadnewsreview.com, suffolktimes.com, northshoresun.com, sireporter.com or timesreview.com [for purposes of these terms, "the Sites"] - you are agreeing to be bound by each of term listed below.
1. Reproduction or distribution of site contents
Times/Review Newspapers owns and operates the Sites. You may not copy, reproduce, upload, post, transmit, or distribute (or facilitate someone else in copying, reproducing, uploading, posting, transmitting, or distributing) any part of the contents placed by the Sites for any purpose other than individual viewing of the Sites, unless you get the advance, express written consent of Times/Review Newspapers. That includes using in any manner any portion of those contents in messages that advocate the election or re-election of a person for public or private office.
2. Online subscription payment packages
You must pay a subscriber's fee for access to areas within each Site, such as to the entire text of the newspaper. To gain access to those areas, you must:
- Be a subscriber to one or more of the print editions of The Suffolk Times, The News-Review, The North Shore Sun or The Shelter Island Reporter - Pay $26 for a one-year online subscription package to any or the four newspapers.
Payment for the online subscription packages can be made through Times/Review Newspapers' PayPal payment gateway. Cancellation of an online subscription must be made through Times/Review Newspapers and not PayPal or any other party. Call 631-298-3200 to cancel.
3. Linked sites
4. Submissions -- What Times/Review Newspapers prohibits
You are not allowed to submit to any of the Sites anything that:
- is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, an invasion of privacy, or that you intend to inflict emotional distress;
- advocates or facilitates a violation of any law, or that is itself illegal to communicate or transmit;
- infringes any proprietary right of any person, such as copyright, trademark, trade name, patent right, or trade secret;
- violates an order of a court or governmental agency;
- proposes or solicits any commercial transaction, or proposes or solicits any donation or payment of any funds for any purpose, or advertises or promotes any good or service for sale or lease;
- transmits "spam," "chain letters," "junk mail," or "pyramid schemes";
- violates a contract or a confidential relationship or relationship to which you owe a duty of loyalty;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, file or program that functions to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or that
- Times/Review Newspapers has determined in its sole discretion to remove from any of the Sites.
You also are not allowed to collect or store personal information or data about other users.
5. No warranties
The contents of the Sites are provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Times/Review Newspapers disclaims all express or implied warranties of merchantability, warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, and all other express or implied warranties. Times/Review Newspapers expressly disclaims any warranty that the functions contained in the contents of either Site will be uninterrupted or free of errors, that defects will be corrected, or that either Site or the server that makes either Site available are free of viruses, worms, or other elements harmful to your computer system. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the disclaimer of implied warranties may not apply to all users of any Site.
6. Liability exclusions
Times/Review Newspapers shall not be liable to you or to any other person for any actual, special, consequential, or any other damage that results from your use of, or your inability to use, any Site or its contents, including the transmittal of viruses, worms, or other elements harmful to a computer system.
If you post, transmit, or submit to any Site anything in violation of these terms, you agree to indemnify Times/Review Newspapers and its agents, successors, and subsidiaries for any and all claims, damages, demands, injuries, or losses arising from whatever it was that you posted, transmitted, or submitted.
If you have an "account" with any of the Sites to post or submit anything, you agree to be fully liable for any and all claims, damages, demands, injuries, or losses arising from any posting, transmission, or submission resulting from someone else using your account, regardless of whether you permitted that use.
7. Governing Law; Severability; Entire Agreement
By proceeding to use the Sites, you consent to be subject to the territorial jurisdiction of the courts of The State of New York or the United States District Court. You also agree that New York and, if applicable, federal law will govern the interpretation of these terms and the existence of your agreement to them.